.

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Living in Belgium :: Personal Narrative Essays

Living in Belgium   Question Answered hark back a multicultural experience that has positively impacted your educational career. discuss your experience and describe the ways in which you obligate benefited from this experience.   My friend Owen and I used to play a game to take up clock time when we walked down the chaus resonate in downtown Waterloo, Belgium. We would try to identify the origins of people who walked by us. If someone bustled past us, practically knocking us down, while smoking a cigarette and wearing tight pants, they were Belgian. If they sported a windsuit and brand-new snowy sneakers wed mutter American, as they passed by toting their map. We had more trouble cogent Swedish and Finnish people apart, but we were pretty good at that too.   I recalled this a few days ago and it amazed me how practically I have changed in the last year. In the summer sooner tenth grade, I moved to Belgium for eighteen months. During the time I stayed there, I adapted to the Belgian way of life - speaking (rudimentary) French, sampling escargot and endives, and discipline my way around the complicated maze that they call streets. However, I am such a typical American now that sometimes I aroma standardized I never even left the States. Instead of expense my Friday nights playing snooker in a smoky caf&381 in Waterloo, I might go to Applebees and a football game with my friends. It seems so unsung that my life could change so much in such a short time. I find myself missing little things that I took for given(p) while living overseas - fresh bread, dogs sitting with their owners in restaurants, and passing international landmarks on the way to school. Its not to say that I dont like my new way of life, but just recently I have realized how much I have changed. When I lived in Belgium, I would dread another trip with visitors of the family to the Grand Place. Now, I would love to see the Mannequin de Pis in downtown Brussels. I dont k now when this transformation took dwelling because I didnt even realize that it was happening. The funny thing was that while I lived in Belgium, my friends and I would always lament on how much we crave Reeses, Butterfingers, marshmallows and real peanut butter. We would talk about how much we missed our friends, malls, and movies without subtitles.

No comments:

Post a Comment